Thursday, February 3, 2011

Evelyn's Room

Right now I am working on Evelyn's room. It has been a real chore, as there was wallpaper throughout the entire room of little boy's fishing. I am not a fan of wallpaper to begin with, but this definitely had to go! It took me weeks to get the wallpaper down, but I can report that I finally have it all down. Just a note to all of you "wallpaper fans" out there- you had better LOVE it before you put it up; because once it is up- wow, what a mess it is to take down!

I am going to be brave and show you all what I am working on...be prepared it is NOT pretty!

This is Evelyn's room now waiting to be stripped of wallpaper, painted, and accessorized...

As you can see I have already started peeling all the paper off in this picture. The border of the little boys fishing has been a nightmare to get down. You have soak the paper and then scrape it off with a straight edge. There isn't a steamer in Manhattan to rent and I don't want to purchase one.


 And you gotta love the clouds...


Evelyn is "helping" me gather all of her books and stack them.


The little storage area or "tree house" behind the door has proven a creative challenge...still trying to figure out what to do with this area. I took the closet doors down, and moved her dressor into the space so Evelyn could have more lounging room. I plan on adding additional curtains over the closet to hide unsightly messes.

So as you can see this quite a mess! I will be so glad when it is completed and we can "move on." I am hoping to have everything complete by the first week of March and will repost an update.

Have a great weekend everyone, and if you are up north- stay warm!!! We are expecting more snow Sunday and Monday night in our area. I think Evelyn and I will be snuggling up to some good Olivia books and hot chocolate (she thinks it's real treat if she can have some of mommy's "coffee").

~Cheers,
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. You have great style, Melissa! I cannot wait to see the finished room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you do! We own a steamer. If it wasn't in Germany, it would be all yours!

    ReplyDelete