Thursday, May 10, 2012

Our ever evolving bedroom

Alright, I have had a few requests to see the end result of our bedroom. Unfortunately, with our move coming in July; we have begun to take things down and begin the long process of packing (or preparing for the packers). One of the items we took down was our beautiful chandelier. This was a splurge for us, but it was totally worth it. I loved looking at it in the mornings as the sun touched the glass tears. It just made me happy and added a little sparkle into our room. 

I have taken a lot of pictures and hope I haven't gone too overboard....eeeek! 

Before:

This was our bedroom before we painted. It was a deep forest green with textured walls.  I felt like we were in a cave. Since we were renting, ripping up the carpets to put down hardwood floors was out of the questions. However, if this had been our forever home, that is what I would have done.

After:


This is the little nightstand on my side of the bed. The little featured nest, reminds me of our room and bed; my room is my nest. It is the only place in the house that is a toy-free zone, and wonderful place for me to find quiet and peace.
The lamps are leaden glass with a sheer linen shade.


I used an assortment of white cottons and linen bedding; each with different textures to give the room depth and avoid a flat feeling.


This is the little desk my closest and dearest friend gave me on a "shopping exchange" at our home. I spend many hours here.


And Evelyn likes to feel grown up sitting here...
  

I always keep a little throw blanket on our bed for the rare days when I may have the opportunity to snuggle up and read a good book.


Our little green velvet settee


Ahhhh, the sun burst mirror.... it faces directly across from my bed and is the first thing I usually see in the morning. It has moved all over our home, but has finally find a place in our room. 


 And here is my husbands side of the bed...the clock was given to me by him when our first baby was born. He said; "it was for all of the good times we've had together, and for the new ones to come."

 
My wishful moments...


 


 I took these pictures facing our window. There is only one silhouette, (of Evelyn at 14 months),   not to worry- we plan on having Ian's done when he is of age.


The little tufted chair is made of my great-grandmothers velvet that she handed down to my grandmother. I love this chair- it is so precious to me.

What's Missing...


The missing little chandy...I hated taking it down; but we had to. We put the original ceiling fan up in order to prepare for our move.  I am looking forward to putting it up in our new house.


I hope you enjoyed my little tour...
Best xo,
Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment